2 October 2014

Confirmation

So the job has been confirmed!! I will be working in the English Language department at Assumption College in the city of Nakhon Ratchasima (or Khorat as its more commonly known) starting in just over 3 weeks time…YIKES, I feel so unprepared! This is my first real teaching job and the fact that it’s half way across the globe in Thailand definitely adds to the pressure.

Assumption College Nakhonratchasima
The next 3 weeks will consist of panicking, preparing, packing, more panicking, and maybe some partying (this is definitely something worth celebrating right?!). I just have to get insurance, my visa, book flights, buy clothes etc. etc. and then we should be all set. October 22nd, I’m ready for you.
For those of you who don’t know (I didn’t before I did some research), Khorat/Nakhon Ratchasima is a city located about 300km North-East of Bangkok. It is the gateway of the Isaan province (the largest in Thailand) and is the second biggest city in Thailand with a population of around 200,000 people. The school itself is a private institution located about 10 minutes from the city centre. The school has around 2,000 students and I will be teaching Years 8/9 with classroom sizes of around 40 children. My working hours are from 7:30am - 4:30pm Monday-Friday and I will be teaching up to 24 50-minute periods of English throughout the week. (this is sounding more and more daunting as I write this!).

As scary as this all sounds, I am BEYOND excited to be given such an amazing opportunity and I really see this as a fresh start and a new, exciting chapter of my life. I have never been to Thailand before nor (as of yet) can I speak a word of Thai so that’s going to be fun

No comments:

Post a Comment