10 October 2014

Destinations, Detox, and Discoveries

FINALLY, things are starting to come together and become all the more real. Luckily I received my ACRO police check within 2 days of filling the application in! (Okay…£100 down the drain but completely worth it!) With that, I’ve been able to book my appointment for the Thai Consulate and fingers crossed, I should have a visa by Tuesday! Panic over.

Also, I’ve gone ahead and booked the flights! As tempting as the flights prices were via SkyScanner, I decided to spend a little bit more and book directly with the airline. Thankfully, it was only around £40 more expensive and in the long run, it means it will cost less to amend the return flight next year as I’m not sure when I’m coming home yet. I decided to fly with Qatar Airways; I flew with them when I went to Malaysia this summer and couldn’t fault them, plus the layover was great and Doha Airport is stunning - they have showers! (I didn’t even know you could do that in an airport…). With the flights booked, I shall be arriving into Bangkok on Wednesday 22nd October at 7:05pm. Glad it turned out that way really as it’ll mean I won’t have to attempt to stay up all day which I have failed at in the past.

Now, as much as I have prepared for this journey mentally, I have decided to do a little bit of physical preparation as well; a detox. I’m not going to stray away from this blog and give you a day-to-day update of my progress with this detox, but I have given myself 9 days to cleanse my body, maybe lose some weight in the process and get my body ready for the new diet I will be experiencing once in Thailand (Oh, I’ve heard there’s a KFC not far from the school so all hope is not lost if I don’t like my new diet!). I have also decided that I’m going to use this time in Thailand to get into shape. I’m going to sign up for the gym, a good friend is creating a workout plan for me and I’m gonna work really hard to stick at it and come back to the UK tan and toned! (Fingers crossed!)

This is a new chapter, and I’m mentally and physically preparing myself for it. I’ve got to be organised right?! That’s an integral part of being a teacher.

Finally, I’ve been speaking to some colleagues from my new school which is gearing me up even more! As excited as I was to find out I won’t need to be cleanly shaven all the time, I am now discovering that we have to wear different uniforms for different days…including pink polo shirts - I feel like I’m in Mean Girls! Now, of course I don’t mind switching up my uniform but the one thing I am concerned about is my forearm tats - for those of you who don’t know (I’m sure most of you reading this do) but I have 4 chinese tattoos on my forearms which, with a long-sleeve shirt, can be easily covered…but not with polo t-shirts or other clothes I’ve been told I’m gonna have to wear…I really hope that its not going to be an issue, or I’ll have to scope make-up shops and see if they have some sort of ‘sweatproof/waterproof’ tattoo concealer. I’ll guess we’ll find out soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment